Our client is a multi award winning holiday park and leisure operation based in the heart of Somerset. They are currently looking to recruit a Accommodation and Housekeeping Manager to join their senior management team.
As Accommodation & Housekeeping Manager you will be accountable for the cleanliness and presentation of our clients guest accommodation of approximately 170 units consisting of caravans, lodges, glamping pods as well as our 3 touring fields accommodating up to 600 camping pitches. You will also oversee the cleanliness of the facilities to the highest of standards and will be supported by a cleaning manager.
Whilst this is a senior management position this is a hands-on role and plays a very important role in ensuring guests have a great stay.
· Management of the Housekeeping team, ensuring the smooth running of all housekeeping operations
· Ensure that guests receive an efficient, friendly, consistent, and personalised service from yourself and all members of the team.
· Monitoring accommodation quality to ensure that customer experience exceeds expectations, and all operating standards are met
· Manage all aspects of the laundry ensuring all standards including quality control, storage and issuing are maintained, and damaged/faulty linen is recorded
· Manage and maintain the stock inventory for guest and team accommodation.
· Liaise with the maintenance to ensure that all maintenance work is completed to a satisfactory standard, and in a timely fashion.
. Overseeing the hot tub operation of which there are 9 attached to guest accommodation.
· Administration of team matters such as recruitment rotas, absence management, appraisals, and performance management
· Proactively supporting in the training and development of all accommodation team members
· Management of all statutory and company regulations relating to health & safety, hygiene, fire and emergency procedures
· Ensure clear lines of communication both within the team and external caravan cleaning contractor.
The successful person will:
· Have experience in an accommodation management role and be capable of working in a challenging environment to very high standards.
· Ideally have similar experience in a holiday park or hotel.
· Have experience in supervising and rostering a team of up to 30.
· Have experience in stock control and ordering, ensuring COSHH and health & safety standards are met.
· Have experience of people management, including performance management, recruitment and selection, resource management and planning, and induction and training
. Have experience in best price purchasing for caravan / lodge inventory with consideration to quality.
· Have an understanding of health and safety regulations and best practice.
· Hold a Full driving licence.