Our client is a multi-sector group operating in Food, Childcare, Travel, Post Office, Healthcare and Utilities, meaning you will get a breadth of experience in a collaborative and fast-moving organisation.
Our client is looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant, you will be responsible for:
• Ensure accurate and timely management accounts are produced and circulated for the relevant support division(s), with explanations of key variances and interpretation of financial trends.
• Support in the production of management accounts for the relevant trading divisions.
• Post the monthly central recharges across cost lines for the whole Society ensuring the relevant accruals & prepayments are processed in line with accounting policies.
• Be responsible for producing and maintaining effective and accurate policy, procedure and control documentation and ensuring that all financial transactions are processed in accordance with these agreed control documents.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts, complete period-end control returns and ensure processes are robust and that any discrepancies are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
• Support ad-hoc reporting and analysis in line with business needs and finance requirements.
• Support the Finance Business Partnering processes for budget, forecast and 3 year planning as required.
• Support the preparation and submission of statutory year end and half year audit documentation.
• Assist the Senior Management Accountant and the wider Finance team in the effective reporting to the Board, Executive, Leadership Team and external bodies as necessary
To be a successful candidate for this role you will need:
• AAT qualified or studying for ACA, CIMA, or ACCA
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Excellent IT skills including MS Excel
• Minimum 1 year’s experience within management accounts.