Our client is one of the leading and most exclusive Hotel and Leisure Resorts in Scotland, they have received the Outstanding Employer 2019 - British Inn Keepers Scotland and the Training & Employee Retention Award Winner - CIS Excellence 2018. They are looking for someone who is passionate about all aspects of hospitality and food preparation. The company have live in options available.
Scope of job:
To assist Head Chef and Sous in maintaining the smooth running of kitchen operations.
To actively motivate peers to reach targets and maintain a harmonious working environment, adhering to food safety and environmental health regulations.
To complete tasks to the required standard under instruction and guidance, developing competencies in a range of tasks within the kitchen area
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Taking charge of one area of the kitchen, preparing dishes as delegated by Sous Chef to the required standard and within the allocated time
- Supervise Commis Chefs in the preparation and cooking of menu items. Ensure no dangerous machinery is used without required training
- Prepare cook and present food to the required standard within allocated timescales
- Ensuring all working areas are clean and tidy before and after service
- Develop skills and ability to carry out a range of duties in the kitchen and demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn
- Ensure foods are dealt with appropriately on delivery
- Assist in achieving food profit percentage as laid down by the company
Our clients team are Awesome; displaying professionalism, honesty and a fun and creative manner in everything they do. Everyone's passion and personality is what makes them an award winning team.
The position offers a competitive basic salary, alongside Tips, Great Benefits, Paid overtime for all hours done in excess of the contracted 40 hours per week (OTE £29,000 pa)