Our client runs a delightful Gastro Pub and restaurant facility in the heart of Taunton. They are currently looking to recruit a high quality Chef De Partie to join their team and who they can develop into a Sous Chef. The site pride themselves on delivering fresh, locally sourced, quality food servings.
Scope of job:
To assist Head Chef and Sous in maintaining the smooth running of kitchen operations. To actively motivate peers to reach targets and maintain a harmonious working environment, adhering to food safety and environmental health regulations. To complete tasks to the required standard under instruction and guidance, developing competencies in a range of tasks within the kitchen area
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Taking charge of one area of the kitchen, preparing dishes as delegated by Sous Chef to the required standard and within the allocated time
- Prepare cook and present food to the required standard within allocated timescales
- Ensuring all working areas are clean and tidy before and after service
- Develop skills and ability to carry out a range of duties in the kitchen and demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn
- Ensure foods are dealt with appropriately on delivery
- Assist in achieving food profit percentage as laid down by the company
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations and standards
- Participate fully in training and development courses and programmes
- Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time
Our clients are looking for focussed, professional and dedicated chefs who are looking to join a company with whom they can grow and develop.