Our client operates a range of exclusive hotels across the picteresque Lake District region. They are currently looking to recruit professional and dynamic Chef De Partie's to join their team.
Summary of Main Purpose of Job
To deliver food to the required standards of preparation, cooking, presentation and service at all times, to provide a satisfying culinary experience for guests.To be responsible for a section in the kitchen, maintaining Company standards in relation to the product, hygiene and motivation and to work positively within the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report for duty punctually for every shift, in complete, clean uniform
- Have good working relationships with everyone they come into contact with at work, behaving in a friendly, courteous and professional way. Bring a positive attitude to work, co-operating closely with team members and other departments. Be a great example to new team members.
- Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, consistently in line with company standards
- Compile the daily mis en place list compete all tasks for the section to the required standard within the given time
- Ensure quality control measures and hygiene standards are achieved at all timesMaintain all kitchen equipment through due care and diligence; notify the Head Chef regarding call outs for all repair.
- Follow daily opening, closing and all cleaning procedures, in line with company policy and taking account of the health and safety of people and property.
- Be aware of your responsibilities and adhere to legislation in respect of Food Safety, Health and Safety, Allergens and COSHH;
- Follow HACCP procedures are followed according to theFood Safety Management document.
- To communicate with the Line Manager regarding any problems or issues with equipment, stock or with customers.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Be confident, self-motivated and demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business.
- Excellent cooking skills and a good understanding of produce and ingredients
- Friendly, professional, honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Possess experience in a similar position within the hotel industry, involving a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of essential legislation affecting the Kitchen department activities such as Food Safety, Health & Safety, COSHH and HACCP.
- The ability to work with other members of the team, to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Personality & flair, you must be someone who naturally thrives amongst people. Makes guests their number one priority and goes above and beyond at all times to enhance the customers experience.