Our client is a fast-growing estate of Urban Playgrounds across the UK. Their people are our most important ambassadors for the brand, and our client works hard to ensure they have people on the team who can provide the best possible experience to everyone who walks through their door.
Our client is looking for a full-time General Manager at their Leeds site to join their growing and dynamic team; reporting directly to the Area Manager of the site and will be accountable for all aspects of park management including leading the team, financial planning and profitability as well as responsibility for site legislative requirements including health and safety and food hygiene. Our client has a supportive central team who are there to advise and support as necessary but the day to days operations are for the General Manager to oversee.
The main tasks associated with the role include :
• To be fully accountable to the Area Manager in terms of aspects of financial planning and profitability.
• To manage the rota ensuring the wider team takes full responsibility for all legislative and agreed frameworks including but not limited to health and safety, food hygiene, fire regulations, customer service ensuring all legal and company requirements are met and records are accurately maintained for audit purposes in line with direction from the Area Manager.
• To develop and support the team to deliver outstanding performance, through regular reviews as well as effective management, mentoring and coaching.
• To identify and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate training for team members to meet both operational and legal requirements.
• Demonstrate strong commercial awareness and business acumen in KPIs which includes reporting and understanding of financial figures and profit and loss.
• To achieve and preferably exceed the agreed budgeted targets agreed with the Area Manager and the Head of Operations.
• To ensure the Deputy Manager or the Duty Manager takes responsibility for the ordering of stock based on agreed levels.
• To successfully deliver local marketing campaigns as directed by Head of Marketing
• To work to standard company operating procedures
• To ensure the operational integrity of the catering facilities in conjunction with the wider team whilst providing the highest levels of service and product for the customer in line with commercial targets.
• To produce a range of reports as directed and within the timescales specified by the Area Manager.
• To prepare the payroll submission for the site
• To foster and maintain excellent working relationships with all individuals across the Jump-Inc brand to ensure effective flow of information between all areas.
• Where appropriate to assist in all aspects of recruitment and induction.
• To liaise with HR to reach a legal and satisfactory conclusion to employment issues.
• You will be expected to support other sites when they are faced with operational challenges so travel outside of their site area may be required.
• 2+ years of Management experience is essential.
• Experience in the hospitality sector is desirable but not essential.
• Possess a flexible, personable, and willing attitude
• Must have the ability to prioritise, multitask and be willing to work to the needs of the business.
• Strong people management skills
• Must be a self-starter, have an adaptable nature and desire to succeed.
• Must have understanding and experience of aspects within health and safety
• Must be a confident and clear communicator who is able to deal with staff and customers in a professional and courteous manner.
• Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Available to work weekends and bank holidays
• Ability to deliver and maintain high standards of guest experience, service and satisfaction.
• A first aid qualification is desirable but full training can be arranged.