Our client is a private school establishment. They are currently looking to recruit Graduate Assistants to join their team. This is a great opportunity for a Graduate student to work in a school environment and gain pastoral experience. This is a 1 year contract and is a term time only position.
The primary role of the Graduate Assistant is to work within the boarding environment to get to know the girls and build up a relationship of trust with them. She will be expected to be ready to give support to the House staff team. In addition she will have other responsibilities in school depending on her areas of expertise and interests.
Boarding House Duties
• Assist the House Parent/s in being responsible for the safety, welfare and pastoral care of the girls in his/her House
• Spend time with the girls resident in the House, organising activities and games
• Assist in the smooth running of the House and liaise closely with the House Parent/s and his/her team
• Be resident in the House and possibly including 2 days before beginning of term and 2 days after the end of term
• Be on duty in the House whenever girls are present, except in off-duty periods and when fulfilling other school commitments
• Assist with providing academic support in house and if possible in academic lessons; • Supervise prep
• Be present at or supervise all meals as required by the House Parents /Deputy House Parents to register girls
• Attend a weekly House team meeting
• Meet weekly with the Graduate Assistant Co-ordinator
• Assist the House Matron with domestic duties
• Wake up the girls in the mornings and assist with bedtimes as required by the House Parents
• Attend chapel and assemblies as required by the House Parents
• Accompany girls on outings as directed by the Graduate Assistant Co-ordinator
• Assist with weekend activities as directed by Weekend Activities Co-ordinator
• Participate in Saturday Morning programme as required
• Assisting with Lifeguarding swimming sessions
• Assist with providing academic support in house and if possible in academic lessons
• Assist the PE department by contributing to practical sessions, as required
• Supervise in the Library and IT rooms as directed by the Graduate Assistant Co-ordinator
• Academic support as required in the Lower School
We are looking to degree qualified graduates who are keen to gain experience in a school environment and gain pastoral responsibilities. You must have excellent communication and engagement skills and be organised and have strong attention to details.
The position comes with a Basic Salary, Accommodation and bills are included as well as meals in the school’s restaurant.