Our client’s nursery is designed to provide all children with the greatest opportunities to learn. Our client believes in capitalising on every child’s experience whilst creating spaces that encourage children to ask questions and discover the world around them. The nursery have been empowered with knowledge designed to enhance learning opportunities through the use of language, stimulating environments and vivid dialogue. The nursery takes pride in this approach and offer training opportunities to families so that each child can reap the benefits of what they sow in any environment they encounter.
Our client is looking to recruit a Nursery Junior Deputy Manager.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
• Co-managing and coaching a team of early years educators
• Room Associated rather than room based (maintain quality of provision)
• To manage and work in accordance with budgets
• To support the Manager in maintaining healthy occupancy and marketing the Nursery
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships with parents and families
• Role model best practice at all times
• To ensure the implementation of short term, medium term and long term planning for all children on an individual basis in accordance with the EYFS
• To ensure the team are keeping development records up to date so that children’s progress can be monitored and assessed.
• To support the vision and objectives of the Nursery.
• To support and encourage the values throughout all areas of the business.
• To support the Manager in ensuring the smooth day to day running of the Nursery.
• Support the professional development of team members with a focus on Elkan.
• Play a key role in maintaining a value-driven culture
• Participate in professional development and training
• Planning & logistics, overseeing and running the nursery routine, managing sufficient ratios and rotas when required
• Supporting your team in order to grow and improve our service.
• Carrying out risk assessments for the nursery through the day, every day, and ensuring action items are completed and well maintained.
• Ensuring that our service is critically assessed against our policies and procedures
• Delivering training to our team, guidance and provide on going support.
• Working a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours
• Providing in-room support when required as cover
• Be the Nurseries First Aid Champion