Residential Practitioner - Children and Young People

Location Bromley
Discipline: Care
Job type: Permanent
Salary: ££23k - £26k + Benefits
Contact name: Sunnie Dhadwar-Lynch

Contact email:
Published: 9 days ago
Startdate: Immediate

​​Our client is recruiting a Residential Practitioner for their children's residential home.

Job Purpose:

To safeguard and promote young people’s welfare in accordance with the Children’s Homes Regulations (2015) and Quality Standards.

Main Tasks and Responsibilities

·           Ensure the home is safe and secure (safeguarding children)

·           Ensure that the environment is homely, welcoming, clean, tidy and well maintained. Share responsibility with colleagues for the practical and domestic tasks necessary for the effective operation of the home, including shopping, cleaning, laundry and food preparation as necessary

·           Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored in a manner which is compliant with regulations

·           Understand and proactively respond to each young person’s needs and requirements. Ensuring that there are clear, consistent and appropriate boundaries for young people

·           Place the well-being of individual young people at the centre of their practice, irrespective of the challenges they may present

·           Seek to prevent and manage conflict by guiding young people to utilise conflict resolution strategies

·        Act as a designated keyworker/co-keyworker. This includes completing detailed records and reports as required; presenting these in writing or verbally to other relevant professionals. Undertake all other associated keyworker duties

·           Undertake administrative duties to support the residents of the home. This includes the use of the company’s electronic systems

·           Demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development through attendance and participation in team meetings, supervision, training and conferences etc. Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance relating to the running of the home

You must hold a Level 3 in Children and Young People or equivalent.