Our client is a multi award winning resort voted in the top 50 places to work in Scotland. The organisation offers you a truly unique employee experience and the power to really influence their future as a major player in Scottish tourism. You are more than just part of the team; you are part of an Employee Owned resort which delivers a financially and personally rewarding career.
They have an exceptional opportunity and are looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and driven Restaurant Manager to join their team. We are looking for individuals with personality, passion and dedication, someone who has the ability to inspire and develop their team to delight our client's guests.
The main areas of accountability for this job are:
- Attendance at Heads of Department meetings
- Scheduling of regular departmental staff meetings and promotion of good interdepartmental relations
- Maintain effective lines of communication with other departments and encourage your team to do the same
- Recruitment, rostering, training, motivation and disciplining of staff in conjunction with the Head of Human Resources
- To maintain the highest disciplines in attendance and timekeeping and implement the absence management procedure in accordance with hotel policies and standards
- Analysis of monthly budget paying particular attention to liquor GP and food and beverage revenue and costs including wage costs
- Purchasing and control of liquor, china, glassware, cutlery and ancillary restaurant stock with a sales: revenue report completed on a monthly basis
- Careful control of restaurant bookings to ensure maximisation of covers and revenue
- Co-ordination of C & B operations with the sales team, assisting in the further development and marketing of the food and beverage operation. Development and execution of sales initiatives, communicating initiatives and sales targets to your team
- Handling complaints and issues raised by guests, communicating positive/negative feedback to the team, taking necessary action to prevent the re occurrence of complaints/issues.
- Following the hotel’s policy and procedures regarding the handling of cash and accounting procedures
- Programming of Sharp till system
- Co-ordination of new menus to include the organisation of tasting sessions in conjunction with the Head Chef and tasting notes for staff
- Experience in similar environments and roles essential.
- High level management and motivational skills, a strong, inspirational leader, able to delegate and share knowledge with passion and enthusiasm
- Forward thinking
- Standards driven with attention to detail
- Hands-on approach
- Acute financial management skills and an ability to communicate these to your team so that they are able to understand and help meet sales targets
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Exceptional people skills, providing and ensuring absolute customer satisfaction