Our client operates a range of exclusive hotels across the picteresque Lake District region. They are currently looking to recruit professional and dynamic Restaurant Manager to join their team at their exclusive site in Ullswater.
Summary of Main Purpose of Job
As Head of Department (HOD) for the Restaurant, you will be responsible and accountable for provision of a first class and successful service for all food and beverage activities within the business.
Responsible for all restaurant staff, you will provide leadership, motivation and guidance to enable high levels of commitment and customer service, so ensuring all employees under your control consistently achieve the highest product and hospitality service standards.
Maximise sales through embracing a "sales & service culture" throughout the department which promotes table bookings, bar spend, up-selling, repeat custom etc. Work closely with Reception Manager/ team on maximising table bookings
Ensuring a relaxed yet impeccable service standards in the Restaurant, ensuring a consistent, flawless and exceptional customer delivery every time.
Build, manage and develop a high performing Restaurant team, through strong leadership, motivation, training and exceptional customer and service standards.
Control and manage all costs - particularly wages, laundry, working replacements and beverage cost of sales- at all times and in accordance with budget.
Ensure a great ambiance and atmosphere in the Restaurant, ensuring it is clean, serviced, and well maintained at all times
Knowledge and Skills Required
1. Possess management abilities to run a department in terms of personnel, time management and budget whilst putting the customer at the heart of all we do.
2. At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position within the hotel industry, involving a fast paced environment.
3. Some degree of numeracy enabling immediate understanding and calculation of financial impact of decisions made and managing a team to produce the required level of service within any agreed budget constraints.
4. Experience of working as Restaurant Manager in an AA Rosetted restaurant, and capable of maintaining these standards.
5. Strong knowledge and experience of working and managing weddings, conferences & banquets.
6. Previous experience and ability to manage, mentor and train staff to ensure the correct level of delivery of service to guests.
7. In depth knowledge of food & beverage service, food & wine matching.
8. Possess basic IT skills to communicate via e-mail, and update company records and databases. Knowledge of MS Office software.