Do you possess Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services, or equivalent or working towards it? Do you have experience of working with children and young people as well as leading, engaging and motivating staff? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Our client is looking to appoint a Manager for their Semi-Independence Units in Lewisham area. Reporting to the Service Manager for the Group, you will be responsible for managing the service, staff and resources, delivering positive outcomes and high-quality support to young people. This role is offered on a full-time and permanent contract.
· Lead and manage in a way that is aspirational, inspiring both young people and the staff who work there.
· Management of service(s), including staff management and supervision, placement planning, support, safeguarding, communications, report writing and monitoring quality and compliance.
· Ensure that the service meets the needs of service users from a diverse range of backgrounds in line with legislation, policy and best practice standards.
· Actively promote equality and value diversity by interpreting equality, diversity and rights in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures and relevant standards.
· Take responsibility for the management of safeguarding young people, risk and service governance.
· Compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and organisational policies and procedures and provide feedback on the effectiveness of all policies and procedures.
· Maintain professional relationships with the team around the child (TAC), multi-agency partnerships and where appropriate parents, families and other stakeholders.
· Produce monitoring reports, statistical data and evaluation as required and in keeping with organisational policies and procedures and within agreed deadlines.
Our client is an independent organisation committed to providing children and young people with a caring environment in which they can achieve independence and fulfil their personal goals.They have a number of residential homes, semi-independent and outreach units across South-East London.
Our client believes their staff deserve the same quality of life and they ensure this by supporting them so that they, in turn, can support the young people in their care and their own families at the same time.
The key skills and qualities of a Semi Independence Manager:
· Extensive experience of working with children and young people.
· Ability to engage young people who have had disrupted childhoods.
· Ability to establish effective relationships with young people and staff and role model person-centered practice.
· Experience of leading, engaging and motivating staff in a challenging organisational environment.
· Effective communication and IT skills.
· Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services; or equivalent or working towards it.