Reporting to the Manager, Deputy Head of Home and Head of Care.
Our client is one of North London's leading care homes, it is a well-established, private home, family owned and managed. The home is set in attractive and spacious surroundings with extensive peaceful gardens, excellent transport links and within easy walking distance of North Finchley shopping area and Friary Park.
Senior Carers strive to preserve and foster the individuality of all residents within a warm and sympathetic atmosphere while being responsive to residents' ever-changing needs. Such needs may be medical, therapeutic, cultural, psychological, spiritual, emotional and social. All residents will have a care plan devised with their participation, to their specific care requirements.
· To support the management and care team in all aspects of the homes requirements.
· To lead the care team and teach inexperienced staff what the homes requirements are.
· To provide cover when necessary.
· To administer medication and maintain accurate records.
· To develop and update residents care plans.
· Lead and participate in staff training and development .
· To maintain a high standard of care at all times by adhering to the home’s policies and procedures.
· To work with and participate as part of a team with other staff in the home.
· To behave in a professional manner at all times.
· To ensure familiarisation with the fire policy and fire drills.
· To adhere to the uniform policy at all times.
· To ensure adherences to moving and handling techniques based on individual needs and risk assessments.
Please be aware that this list not exhaustive.
The Senior Care Assistant will be expected to make positive relationships with the following bodies:
· Other senior staff and management.
· Care assistants and ancillary staff.
· Visitors/visiting professionals.
· To treat all residents with privacy, dignity and respect at all times. To be non-judgmental when dealing with a resident.
· To be responsible for all daily aspects of resident’s personal hygiene needs.
· To assist residents and supervise meals.
· To ensure that resident’s dietary needs are met and ensuring that they have a choice of menu.
· To participate in all aspects of resident’s entertainment.
· To attend and participate in the home’s education and training programme.
To communicate with the Manager/Head of Care, keeping them informed of:
· Any maintenance issues.
· Any problems in the environment within the home.
· Any communication problems with residents, relatives or staff.