Our client is an independent organisation committed to providing children and young people with a caring environment in which they can achieve independence and fulfil their personal goals. Our client have a number of residential homes, semi-independent and outreach homes across South-East London.
Our client is looking to recruit a Manager for their Semi Independence home based in Mottingham, you will be responsible for managing the service, staff and resources, delivering positive outcomes and high-quality support to young people. This role is offered on a full-time and permanent contract.
· Lead and manage in a way that is aspirational, inspiring both young people and the staff who work there.
· Management of service(s), including staff management and supervision, placement planning, support, safeguarding, communications, report writing and monitoring quality and compliance.
· Ensure that the service meets the needs of service users from a diverse range of backgrounds in line with legislation, policy and best practice standards.
· Actively promote equality and value diversity by interpreting equality, diversity and rights in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures and relevant standards.
· Take responsibility for the management of safeguarding young people, risk and service governance.
· Compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and organisational policies and procedures and provide feedback on the effectiveness of all policies and procedures.
· Maintain professional relationships with the team around the child (TAC), multi-agency partnerships and where appropriate parents, families and other stakeholders.
· Produce monitoring reports, statistical data and evaluation as required and in keeping with organisational policies and procedures and within agreed deadlines.
The key skills and qualities of a Semi Independence Manager:
· Extensive experience of working with children and young people.
· Ability to engage young people who have had disrupted childhoods.
· Ability to establish effective relationships with young people and staff and role model person-centered practice.
· Experience of leading, engaging and motivating staff in a challenging organisational environment.
· Effective communication and IT skills.
· Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services; or equivalent or working towards it.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.