Our client is recruiting a Senior Residential Practitioner for their children's residential home.
• Assist the Registered Manager and Deputy in managing the Home to provide a safe and positive living experience for the resident young people
• Liaise with, inform, and carry out delegated tasks, as required by, the Directors, the Registered Manager and Deputy, and to liaise with all other group personnel
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Ensure the home is safe and secure (safeguarding children/adults).
• Provide support and leadership to staff and residents on a shift-by-shift basis, ensuring that the safeguarding and well-being needs of the young people are met in accordance with their relevant plans
• Represent the Registered Manager and Deputy in their absence in managing young people’s safeguarding and well-being needs, ensuring that they take part in education, training, employment and other structured activities
• Provide structured and recorded (as well as informal/on the job) supervision for staff, contribute to the staff appraisal system and ensure a high standard of practice and performance by being a role model for the staff, in direct work with young people and professionals
• Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored in a manner which is compliant with regulations
• Ensure that agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for all persons involved with the home (including visitors) in accordance the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• Inform managers in writing, of any unacceptable practices by staff employed by the company, or contract/agency staff, and where necessary appear as a material witness in any disciplinary hearings Relevant Plans are defined as any placement plan; care plan; pathway plan; statement of special needs; or education, health and care (EHC) plan.