Our client runs a distinctive and exclusive hotel operation based in the heart of Braemar in Scotland. They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Sous Chef to join their team.
As a Senior Sous Chef, you will support the Head Chef in his duties to ensure the smooth running of kitchen operations to the highest standards.
You will work with our Head Chef to create, develop dishes and menus for both the Dining Room and the Pub, as well as event spaces, using the very best of local and national natural resources and ingredients.
As Senior Sous Chef, you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the smooth, safe, and efficient running of a section of the kitchen.
• Demonstrating a committed approach to the development of creative menus and service of the kitchen.
• Ensuring the quality of food is of the exceptional standard expected when dining at the hotel.
• Continually striving towards achievement and improvement.
• Ensuring the Head Chef is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the hotel guests or team.
• Assisting on sections or help with other duties when required.
• Training and delegation of tasks to the junior members of the team.
• Preparing orders on a daily basis, whilst keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning and business levels.
• Ensuring the cleanliness, stock control, organisation, and standards of the kitchen.
Our clients successful Senior Sous Chef will have:
• Proven experience from within a similar luxury hospitality environment.
• A true passion for food and local ingredients.
• The enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
• Good kitchen, baking & knife skills.
• A thorough understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
• A willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment.
• Innovation, creativity, and attention to detail.
• Experience of supervising and guiding others.
You’ll be surrounded by a team with a creative flair, a desire to learn and grow, as well as a passion for delivering some of the best food and brilliant service within Scotland, all striving to go beyond for guests, our team, and the community.
What’s in it for you?
• 48 hour contract - overtime paid in accordance with Hotel's overtime policy
• 30 days holiday
• Free annual guest experience for you and a plus one
• Free food and drinks whilst on shift
• Generous company wide discounts including our properties in Somerset, Scottish Highlands, London, and Los Angeles
• Amazing sports and social events led by local social committees
• Life Assurance • Health benefits including a health cash plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Career development opportunities tailored around your aspirations and goals