Our client runs a delightful Gastro Pub and restaurant facility in the heart of Taunton. They are currently looking to recruit a high quality Sous Chef to join their team. The site pride themselves on delivering fresh, locally sourced, quality food servings.
Scope of job:
Assist and support the Head Chef in the planning and organising of the kitchen brigade, menus and preparation. of food to the required standard, deputising in his/her absence. To actively motivate team members to reach targets and maintain a harmonious working environment, adhering to food safety and environmental health regulations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Assist and support the Head Chef in planning and developing menus and setting prices in co-operation and line with the General Manager
- Supervise chefs in the preparation and cooking of menu items, carrying out and/or co-ordinating induction and on-the-job training. Ensure required standards are met by managing the performance of chefs and providing technical advise and support
- Personal preparation of menu items as required
- Organising staffing, prepare staff rosters and co-ordinate the training and development of kitchen brigade
- Assist in achieving food profit percentage as laid down by the company
- Ordering and supervising the quality and stock control of kitchen supplies, monitoring and controlling wastage
- Allocate duties and supervise and monitor performance of kitchen porters, providing training in the safe and efficient use of equipment and cleaning materials
- Ensuring that Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations and standards are met, personally and by kitchen brigade members
- Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time