Our client runs ones of the most prestigous and exclusive hotel and golf club properties in Scotland. They are currently looking to recruit a Junior Sous Chef to join their team at their site in Aberdeenshire.
This is an important role that requires a high level of culinary ability, as well as organisational and leadership skills on the planning and execution of 5-star guest experiences.
Scope of job:
Assist and support the Head Chef in the planning and organising of the kitchen brigade, menus and preparation of food to the required standard, deputising in his/her absence. To actively motivate team members to reach targets and maintain a harmonious working environment, adhering to food safety and environmental health regulations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Assist and support the Head Chef in planning and developing menus and setting prices in co-operation and line with the General Manager and Food & Beverage Manager
- Supervise chefs in the preparation and cooking of menu items, carrying out and/or co-ordinating induction and on-the-job training. Ensure required standards are met by managing the performance of chefs and providing technical advise and support
- Personal preparation of menu items as required
- Organising staffing, prepare staff rosters and co-ordinate the training and development of kitchen brigade
- Assist in achieving food profit percentage as laid down by the company
- Ordering and supervising the quality and stock control of kitchen supplies, monitoring and controlling wastage
- Allocate duties and supervise and monitor performance of kitchen porters, providing training in the safe and efficient use of equipment and cleaning materials
- Sous Chef experience in a 4 or 5-star restaurant context
- Formal catering qualifications
- Culinary creativity, imagination, and flair
- Passion for cooking and high level of presentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle competing priorities
- Up-to-date hygiene & food safety certificates
- Positive and flexible approach to work
Salary & Benefits
Highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Great company benefits including golf and companywide hotel privileges.