Our client is one of the leading and most exclusive Hotel and Leisure Resorts in Scotland, they have received the Outstanding Employer 2019 - British Inn Keepers Scotland and the Training & Employee Retention Award Winner - CIS Excellence 2018. They were voted in the top 50 places to work in Scotland in 2020. They are looking for someone who is passionate about all aspects of hospitality and food preparation. They are looking to recruit a Sous Chef for their high quality Scottish Tapas Restaurant. The company have live in options available.
Scope of job:
Assist and support the Head Chef in the planning and organising of the kitchen brigade, menus and preparation of food to the required standard, deputising in his/her absence. To actively motivate team members to reach targets and maintain a harmonious working environment, adhering to food safety and environmental health regulations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Assist and support the Head Chef in planning and developing menus and setting prices in co-operation and line with the General Manager and Food & Beverage Manager
- Supervise chefs in the preparation and cooking of menu items, carrying out and/or co-ordinating induction and on-the-job training. Ensure required standards are met by managing the performance of chefs and providing technical advise and support
- Personal preparation of menu items as required
- Organising staffing, prepare staff rosters and co-ordinate the training and development of kitchen brigade
- Assist in achieving food profit percentage as laid down by the company
- Ordering and supervising the quality and stock control of kitchen supplies, monitoring and controlling wastage
- Allocate duties and supervise and monitor performance of kitchen porters, providing training in the safe and efficient use of equipment and cleaning materials
Our clients team are Awesome; displaying professionalism, honesty and a fun and creative manner in everything they do. Everyone's passion and personality is what makes them an award winning team.